Low fat too as there's no butter or oil!
- 1/2 cup SR flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar (depends on your taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- Few shakes cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 120g Heinz baby pear purée
- 1 1/2 cup grated carrots
Now its up to you if you want to ice this beauty - its quite nice without it, but if you are after something decadent...
- Philly cream cheese (the third less fat one not the fat free one...yuck!) NB. You can also substitute cream cheese with Tofutti, which is a tofu cream cheese (non dairy). Still tastes great!
- Icing sugar (enough for personal taste)
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ones in another. Mix together.
- Grease or line a square baking dish with baking paper. Slop the mix in and tap on bench to let settle.
- Cook in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 mins. Test with skewer before removing. Should be super moist!
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
- When cold, mix icing sugar with cream cheese to taste. Spread over cold cake. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Guard it with your life...this cake will disappear in a flash!