Many thanks to my friend Bindy for this pearl of a recipe (which I've tweaked slightly!)!
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 2 x 300g jar salsa (or the equivalent homemade salsa) – you could also replace 1 jar with 400g tin of crushed tomatoes
- 1 sachet taco seasoning
- 1 x 400g tin of red kidney beans, drained
- 1 x 200g tin corn kernels
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of your slow cooker. Pour salsa and taco seasoning over the chicken, and stir until seasoning combined. Make sure that the chicken breasts are covered bottom and top by the salsa. If your breasts are thick, you may need to use a rolling pin or a mallet to flatten them slightly so they are covered
- Cook in slow cooker on low for approx. 8hrs.
- 15 mins before serving, using a fork, shred the chicken, it should easily fall apart. Then add the kidney beans, corn, coriander and continue cooking on Low for 15 mins.
- Serve with tortillas, guacamole, sour cream and fresh greens